Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Good, The Bad, and the Yucky!

I love experiments....most of the time. A couple of days ago I played with my surplus of "Carrot Cake" from Sheila and made some pretty tasty carrot oatmeal cookies by adding raisins, dried cherries, oatmeal, almonds, honey to the "carrot" base and dehydrating it. Turned out to be a good and healthy "cookie"!

This morning I used more of the same carrot base and other ingredients, only instead of honey, I substituted pineapple add some greens powder. My thinking was more would be better. OK, nutritionally maybe, but not as a matter of taste. What I actually did accomplish in this culinary experiment was discover the formula for the taste or essence of... vomit. Really, I did. The pineapple together with the greens powder has the same acidic/bile taste we all know and hate. Win some loose some. These green "cookies" are not going to waste though... I'm picking out the raisins and giving them to Molly, my dog. She apparently is quite fond of them...then again I have seen her eat her vomit.

No comments:

Post a Comment