Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Spouting and Dehydrating

It's a snow day and I'm busy in the kitchen. I've started my first experiment in sprouting (millet and quinoa). I've also got my first batch of crackers in the dehydrator, can't wait for them to get crunchy! I'm trying a recipe from Victoria Boutenko: Igor's Crackers. I really love snacking, so these should hit the spot. I also can't wait to try Yvonne's Honion Rings; I'llbe going to the store this afternoon to get some Vidalias to make these babies.

I think my body is starting to respond to my new eating routine. I find I can turn down somethings that I may have splurged on pretty easily. This weekend I had a bite of this fancy decadent cake at birthday party. I found myself saying in my head "Mmm this is nice, a really great cake, but I'm not craving anymore of it". I really do think my body is craving things that are more nutritionally dense as opposed to the junk it used to. This is a good thing.

I had a latte yesterday, something I "thought" in my head I really wanted. Hec, not so long ago (just a month or two ago) this was a serious addition of mine. I could sip on them all day, not uncommon for me to have 2 or 3 in a day. I'm not sure if it was the caffeine from the espresso or the pasteurized/homogonized milk (and it was organic even!)...but I felt sooo sick! While it is good in a way I'm no longer in the grip of the latte addition, in a way I'm kinda sad. I miss the feeling...I want to feel the feeling of warmth and joy like I used to when I got a "fix". I'm sure I'll eventually find something new. Maybe I'll go make myself a cup of green tea, I know I'll get the warmth at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment