Friday, March 20, 2009

Coconut Medicine

I recently came down with some kind of flu (aches, pains, and a very high fever). I am trying my best to flow with the wisdom of my body and use natural remedies. At the height of my fever (104°) I had my son crack open a young coconut that I happened to have in my fridge. I sipped on its water in bed. It was very quenching. Within a 20 minutes my fever began to lower. I sent him to the store for more....

Coconut water has a natural balance of sodium, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, copper and magnesium along with vital amino acids - making it a healthy electrolyte drink. In some cultures it has been used intravenously to stabilize electrolytes. Coconuts are also anti-viral, anti-fungal.

The water from three coconuts and a good dose of a rest and I'm back. I don't have any grog or fog or any other side effects that I might have had from taking conventional medicines. I feel great. So my prescription...have 3 coconuts and call me in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment